My Blog List

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Gender

Fuentes essay about the way a woman dresses and the level of success is ridiculous. I am so tired of people being judged by the exterior. When you are a politician, why does the way you dress determine what the world thinks of you. I learned that lesson the hard way. When I was in the 11th grade I had an honors english teacher who wore jeans and brand named shirts and nike sneakers. He was around 30 years old and he was a white man. At first glance I said "this is going to be an easy class". I assumed that because he did not dress professional, that he wasn't going to act professional. Well to make a long story short I was so wrong in more ways than 1. That english class was no walk in the park. You should never be judged by what you are wearing. Clothing is a way that a person can express themselves and become an individual. I do not want to look like corporate America. As long as the clothes are clean, its good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment